It's time to ace your Illinois CDL practice test!!
Be fully prepared with Illinois CDL full test now!!
Illinois CDL practice test
1. Who needs to hold an Illinois CDL?
Drivers who aim to operate the following vehicles need to own an Illinois CDL license:
- an over-26,000-lb GVWR single vehicle
- an over-26,000-lb GVWR combination vehicle, towing an over-10,000-lb GVWR unit
- a truck carrying at least 16 passengers, including the driver
- a vehicle transporting hazardous material placards, or a select agent or toxin
2. How is an Illinois CDL exam designed?
An Illinois CDL exam can be split into three different tests namely:
- Vision test: all applicants must reach 20/40 visual acuity for each eye
- Written knowledge test: a general knowledge test will be applied to all candidates in the form of 50 multiple choice and True or False questions. The passing score for this test is 80%, equal to at least 40 out of 50 correct questions.
On the other hand, based on the target class type and purpose of operating a commercial vehicle, you will have to take different endorsement tests such as hazardous material, tank vehicles, school bus, etc.
- Road/Skills test: this test will certify your skills in motor vehicle laws and safety techniques after 30 minutes.
All the content of the CDL Illinois exam is taken from the Illinois CDL Manual Book.
3. What are the requirements to get an Illinois CDL license?
The Illinois commercial driver's license requires the drivers to reach 18 years old before their application. You will be an intrastate commercial driver when you're between the age of 18 and 21. The permission to drive outside the state is only for ones turning 21 or more.
Additionally, you should take these requirements into consideration when applying for an Illinois CDL license:
- Provide legitimate personal identification (Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, or Green Card) to prove your residency in the state of Illinois and the United States
- Have only one driver's license
- Have no suspended, revoked, cancelled, or disqualified driving privileges in every state
- Meet the medical requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Pass the Illinois CDL exam (3 types of tests)
4. How is Illinois CDL practice test suitable for you?
If you are searching for any online learning materials and tools to get prepare for the Illinois CDL exam, especially the written knowledge test, you can find everything needed for your journey on our website. We facilitate you with opportunities to access manifold FREE online practice tests on the topics of:
- Illinois CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Illinois CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Illinois CDL Combination practice test
- Illinois CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Illinois CDL Tanker practice test
- Illinois CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Illinois CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Illinois CDL School Bus practice test
- Illinois CDL Passenger practice test
Not only online practice tests but also various informative blogs will be furnished for FREE with the aim of assisting candidates to have the best result. Being available on both App Store and Google Play as a mobile application, apart from the website, our Illinois CDL practice test allows you to experience all features and content anywhere and anytime with the help of the Internet connection only.
5. How much does it cost to own an Illinois CDL license?
There are several types of fees you need to pay for the application for CDL license in Illinois:
- Commercial learner's permit: $50
- Commercial learner's permit renewal: $50
- Commercial driver's license (original, renewal, transferred): $60
- Endorsement test: $5 for each
- School bus permits: $4