Iowa CDL practice test
1. What is Commercial Driver’s License Iowa?
A commercial driver's license in Iowa, also known as an Iowa CDL License, is the standard that decides whether or not you are allowed to drive a commercial vehicle inside the state's borders. According to the Iowa Commercial Driver's License Manual, several conditions must be met in order to obtain an Iowa CDL.
2. How many questions are on the CDL Iowa test?
In brief, there will be 50 multiple choice questions for the general knowledge test that you must take along with the skills/road test. The general knowledge test covers a wide range of truck combinations and how to operate them safely which are included in the Iowa CDL Manual. In addition, you will pass the exam if your score is 40/50 (about 80% correct questions).
3. Why should you take the CDL Iowa Practice test?
In contemplation of passing the test, it is essential to know the test well. Thus, there is nothing better than practicing constantly. If you are searching for an app or website, you can do it on ours. We provide you with huge storage of questions and flashcards, to help you remember and practice. Our system is designed into the main categories:
- Iowa CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Iowa CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Iowa CDL Combination practice test
- Iowa CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Iowa CDL Tanker practice test
- Iowa CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Iowa CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Iowa CDL School Bus practice test
- Iowa CDL Passenger practice test
Visit our website or app now, we are available on both App stores and CH plays to get the amazing experience of the CDL Practice test.
4. Are there any qualifications for CDL Iowa?
Firstly, to hold an IA CDL, you should be at least 18 years old to drive only on the state border, and be older than 21 years old to come across Iowa and carry hazardous or transport any passengers. Besides, ensure that you are fully prepared for the following list of requirements:
- Holding only one driver's license, and may not be suspended, revoked, canceled, or disqualified.
- Pass the certain medical standards
- Presenting valid personal identification, such as a Social Security Card, a Birth Certificate, or a Green Card
- Be able to communicate in English
5. How much does the Iowa CDL cost?
In general, the Iowa CDL cost is about $8. However, an important note here is CDL Iowa is recharged every year, so you should pay attention to it to make sure your license is valid and up to date. For instance, the valid date of your license is 5 years, so your total fee for it is $40. In addition, if you want to drive a specific type of truck, your total payment will be:
- Commercial learner's permit (after testing): $12.
- Commercial driver's license per year fee (class A,B,C): $8
- Endorsements: Passenger: $10, School bus: $10, Double/triple trailer: $5, Tankers: $5, Hazardous materials: $5
- Restriction removal: Air brakes: $10, Full air brakes: $10, Manual transmission: $10, Tractor-trailer: $10.
6. What can you do to renew your Iowa CDL?
You'll need one of the following legal documents to renew your CDL in Iowa:
- Birth certificate
- Consular report of birth abroad
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card
Besides, you also need to submit proof of residency in Iowa, such as stamped mail, utility bills, pay stubs, or bank statements.