Kentucky CDL practice test
1. What is a Kentucky Commercial driver’s license?
For those who want to drive a commercial vehicle, such as truck, school bus, or van, in Kentucky, you are required to own a CDL (Commercial driver’s license). Especially, each class of CDL Kentucky has its own requirements:
- Class A: Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) is more than 26,000 pounds, and the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the towed vehicle is more than 10,000 pounds.
- Class B: Vehicles with a GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds in a single vehicle or a group of vehicles. The towing vehicle's weight must not exceed 10,000 pounds.
- Class C: Any vehicle that transports 16 or more people, including the driver, or that transports hazardous products for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act and is required to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR part 172, subpart F)
2. How is the Kentucky CDL test designed?
In Kentucky, a commercial driver's license test follows the same structure as in other states, with 50 multiple choice and True or False questions based on the KY Commercial Driver's Handbook. To ensure that the test takers are well-qualified drivers, all questions will inquire about traffic signs, signals, trucking regulations, correct rules, speed limits, vehicle inspection, and commercial vehicle safety.
To pass the exam and obtain the license, you must get at least 40 proper questions out of a total of 80.
3. Is the Kentucky CDL Practice test hard?
In general, our Kentucky CDL Practice test consists of several practice tests of each part. All the content of the CDL Kentucky exam is taken from the Kentucky CDL Manual Book. You are not only going to practice but also can learn by using flashcards. In addition, to make sure you archive your target, we also have the study plan. You are reminded every day until the day you take the CDL test. A thousand practice questions are waiting for you:
- Kentucky CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Kentucky CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Kentucky CDL Combination practice test
- Kentucky CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Kentucky CDL Tanker practice test
- Kentucky CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Kentucky CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Kentucky CDL School Bus practice test
- Kentucky CDL Passenger practice test
Unlock the CDL KY now by visiting our website and applications, we are on App Store and CH Play already!
3. Who are qualified candidates for CDL Kentucky?
To obtain a Kentucky CDL, you must be at least 18 years old to drive a truck in Kentucky and 21 years old to cross the Kentucky outline. In addition, you should follow the requirements list below. Be patient and well-prepared, because it takes time to get all of those papers:
- Own one clear driving license, no suspended or canceled in any state.
- Meet the medical requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Bring all the personal identification including a Social security card, Birth Certificate, or a Green card
4. Is CDL Kentucky test free?
Unluckily, to hold a Kentucky CDL test, there are some charges that you should pay:
- CDL application: $24
- Commercial learner's permit: $11.
- Skills testing fees—Vary. Depending on how long you've had your KY driver's license:
Held for more than 30 days: $50. Held for 30 days or less: $150.
- Commercial driver's license: Up to $40.