Maryland CDL practice test
1. Is the Maryland CDL test hard?
To begin with, the Maryland CDL test can be considered as one of the three hardest tests in the US. To pass the CDL test, you are required to pass 2 subtests:
- Knowledge/written test: Maryland knowledge test consists of 50 multiple choices and True/False questions. To successfully hold the MD Permit, you must get correctly at least 40/50 questions. In addition, the content of the test will be taken from the MD CDL manual so you should spend time reading and practicing carefully.
- Skill/road test: You will be asked to perform your operating skill as well as how well you follow the road rules. This test will take you from 20-60 minutes.
If you fail the test on your first try, you can return the next day or the next scheduled appointment. However, if you still fail the second time, you need to wait at least 7 days to redo the test.
2. Should you practice the Maryland CDL?
Absolutely yes. It will be not wise if you do not take any practice but jump into the actual test immediately. With an aim to help you be well-prepared for the MD CDL test, we developed a storage of questions and practice tests. Furthermore, we categorized questions into different topics, following the MD CDL manual as:
- Maryland CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Maryland CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Maryland CDL Combination practice test
- Maryland CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Maryland CDL Tanker practice test
- Maryland CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Maryland CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Maryland CDL School Bus practice test
- Maryland CDL Passenger practice test
3. How to apply for the Maryland CDL test?
In order to apply for the Maryland CDL test, you will need to go across several steps and provide a lot of papers and documents as well. In addition, you should be ready to take the DOT medical test and meet all the requirements.
3.1. Meet the age requirement
In Maryland, if you want to operate a CDL, you must be at least 18 years old. However, you only can drive in Maryland until you are 21 years old.
3.2. Prepare needed documents
It is not easy to obtain the Maryland CDL, not only due to how hard the permit test is but also in the papers and documents you will bring to the office:
- Own a driver’s license without any provoked or banned
- Provide proof of doctor approval by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Pass the written exams to obtain a learner’s permit
- Show legitimate personal identification as: Birth Certificate, Green Card, or Social Security Card
4. How much will you pay for the Maryland CDL?
To successfully obtain a Maryland CDL, you are required to pay for the following payment below:
- Commercial learner's permit (includes skills test fees): $90.
- Commercial driver's license: $50.
- Skills test retest: $20.
5. Can you do the Maryland CDL in other languages?
Unfortunately, you can’t. Differing from DMV Driver’s License permit test that candidates can do in different languages, in CDL, you only can take it in English. Therefore, it is a must for you to practice carefully.