Mississippi CDL Practice Test 2023
In Mississippi, drivers operating vehicles are required to possess commercial driver licenses to transport passengers or property effectively and keep the highway safe. To qualify for the Commercial Operator’s License, all applicants need to pass the knowledge and road tests. Thus, drivers should pay more attention and take time to learn more about these tests via the Commercial Driver License Manual. Furthermore, you can head over to our Mississippi CDL Practice Test, where you can access a free practice question bank and numerous flashcards. Let’s get started!
1. Who Is Required To Hold A Mississippi CDL?
You will need a CDL if you are operating any of the following vehicles:
- Any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001lbs. or more provided that the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Any single vehicle with a GVWR over 26,0001 or more pounds, towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs GVWR.
- A passenger vehicle designed to transport 16 or more people, including the driver
- Any size vehicle carrying hazardous material (Hazmat) as laid out by federal guidelines.
2. What to expect from the MS CDL Knowledge Test:
First of all, you must take at least 40 out of 50 correct answers to pass The General Knowledge Test. Moreover, depending on what class of license (A, B, C) and what endorsements you need (H, P, S, N, X, T), you are required to take one or more following tests:
- The Passenger Transport Test
- The Air Brakes Test
- The Combination Vehicles Test
- The Hazardous Test
- The Tank Vehicle Test
- The Doubles/Triples Test
- The School Bus Test
3. What to expect on the CDL Road Skills Test:
After successfully passing your knowledge test, you can take the CDL skills tests consisting of 3 sub-parts: Vehicle Inspection, Basic Vehicle Control, and On-road driving.
- The Pre-Trip Inspection: check vehicle components and explain what is being checked and why to the examiner.
- The Basic Vehicle Control test: straight-line backing, offset right or left backing, and alley dock backing.
- The road test: operating a vehicle in normal traffic situations.
4. What documents do I need to bring to the MS CDL?
You must bring some compulsory documents listed below:
- Proof of Status as a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- A medical exam performed by a Certified medical examiner
- Proof of age - at least 21 years old
- A valid operator's license for at least two years, with no suspensions or revocations
- A Social Security card and your Mississippi driver's license.
5. How much does the Mississippi CDL Cost?
To apply for a Mississippi CDL, you might be charged some fees below:
- Commercial learner's permit: $16
- CDL application fee: $29
- Commercial driver's license: $55. (valid for four years)
- $41 for the CDL license, valid for four years
- Endorsements: $5 each
- Hazardous Materials background check: $100
6. Why should you take the Mississippi CDL Practice Test?
If you only read the content of the Mississippi CDL Handbook without practice, you won’t take a wonderful chance to access the format of the actual test. Thus, let’s give our practice test a try. Because we built a system of practice tests and flashcards that simulated the actual test to facilitate your preparation. More specifically, with an aim to increase your knowledge and memorizing skills, we divided the content into topics:
- Mississippi CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Mississippi CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Mississippi CDL Combination practice test
- Mississippi CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Mississippi CDL Tanker practice test
- Mississippi CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Mississippi CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Mississippi CDL School Bus practice test
- Mississippi CDL Passenger practice test
You can take our Mississippi CDL Practice Test on our website or download it from the App Store or Google Play now for free! Let’s take it straight away!