New Hampshire CDL practice test
A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required to legally operate cars and transport passengers, cargo, or property on New Hampshire roads. To transport hazardous materials and passengers, drive school buses and school activity buses, pull double trailers, or drive tank trucks, they must also have a special endorsement. Depending on the type of CDL and/or endorsement you desire, you must additionally pass a series of written, vision, and road tests. All of the questions on your test can be found in the New Hampshire Commercial Driver's Manual.
To make it easier for you to study for your exam, we highly recommend you take our New Hampshire CDL Practice Test 2022, which provides a free practice question bank and numerous flashcards. Let’s take the tests right now!
1. Who needs to hold a New Hampshire CDL?
You need to equip yourself with a NH CDL if you want to operate any of the following vehicles in New Hampshire:
- A single vehicle with a GVWR over 26,000 lbs
- A combination vehicle with a GVWR over 26,000 lbs, towing a unit over 10,000 lbs GVWR
- A vehicle designed to carry 16 or more passengers, including the driver
- Any size vehicle transporting hazardous materials or carrying a select agent or toxin listed in 42 CFR Part 73 requires placards.
2. Are there any requirements to get an NH Commercial Driver’s License?
In order to operate a commercial vehicle in New Hampshire, you must be at least 18 years old (for intrastate driving) or 21 years old (for interstate driving).
To obtain a New Hampshire commercial driver license a person must provide legal proof of identification. Here is a list of the proof of identification the New Hampshire DMV will accept:
- Valid U.S. passport
- State-certified birth certificate
- Immigration documents
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of New Hampshire residency
3. What to expect on the New Hampshire CDL written Test?
In New Hampshire, the CDL knowledge test includes a series of multiple-choice questions and applicants are required to correct at least 80 percent to pass the test. Furthemore, test-takers are allowed to retake the test when they have failed. Keep in mind that you are authorized to take another version of the written test if you fail one version. However, each version of the test cannot be taken more than once in the same day.
4. What is included on the CDL Road Test?
After successfully completing the knowledge test and getting a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP), the applicant can then take the road test including three parts:
- Pre-Trip vehicle inspection: Examine your commercial vehicle's internal and external parts
- Off-road test: Perform maneuvers like reversing, parking, and navigating a cones course
- On-road test: Test your ability to drive safely in each situation you may encounter on public roadways
Note that you have to hold your CLP for at least 14 days before taking the road test. Besides, The State of New Hampshire doesn’t provide you with vehicles for the skills testing process. As a result, you are asked to furnish vehicles for your road test that are representative of the class of license for which you are applying. Besides, your vehicle must be driven to the test site by a licensed driver and it must be legally registered as well as meet minimum safety standards.
Note that you have to hold your CLP for at least 14 days before taking the road test.
5. How much do you need to pay for your New Hampshire CDL?
The fees for Commercial driver's licenses in New Hampshire are as follows:
- Commercial learner's permit: $20
- Commercial driver license:
- Class A: $60
- Class B: $60
- Class C: $60
- Endorsements: $10 each
Paying the fees by credit card, cash are all acceptable.
6. Why should you take NH CDL practice tests?
If you're looking for a place to practice and assess your knowledge and skills in commercial vehicle driving, our New Hampshire CDL practice test online is the perfect option. With a variety of practice and full tests in several sections:
- New Hampshire CDL General Knowledge practice test
- New Hampshire CDL Air Brakes practice test
- New Hampshire CDL Combination practice test
- New Hampshire CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
& 5 separate endorsements:
- New Hampshire CDL Tanker practice test
- New Hampshire CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- New Hampshire CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- New Hampshire CDL School Bus practice test
- New Hampshire CDL Passenger practice test
We sincerely hope to provide you with the best experience and gain high-score results in the CDL exam. One of the most remarkable features to learners is the convenience during the learning process in which the Internet connection is the only requirement and you can do and choose any CDL practice test or full test for FREE regardless of time and place. Therefore, don’t hesitate to visit our website or install our app on both App Store and Google Play now! Let’s give it a try!