New Jersey CDL practice test
A New Jersey CDL is a license that allows you to drive a specific type of commercial vehicle, such as a tanker, hazardous materials truck, or bus in the state of New Jersey. In order to legally drive it, you must also have a suitable endorsement such as endorsements of tank, hazmat, school bus, etc. To obtain a NJ CDL and endorsements, you are required to take the CDL exam, which is a series of written, vision, and road tests.
1. What does a New Jersey CDL exam contain?
If your job is to operate a commercial vehicle in the state of New Jersey, it is a must for you to take a New Jersey CDL test. So, how is a New Jersey CDL exam formed?
Normally, there are three parts in a CDL exam that you need to get through:
- A vision test: 20/40 visual acuity per eye
- CDL written knowledge test: 50 multiple choice & True or False questions and the passing score must be at least 80% (more than 40 questions)
- CDL road/skills test: lasts around 30 minutes on the topics of the motor vehicle laws and safe driving practices
With regards to the CDL written knowledge test, apart from the CDL general knowledge test (consisting of 50 questions), you are required to take appropriate endorsements depending on your class type and purpose of your job:
- H - Hazardous Material
- N - Tank Vehicle
- P - Passenger Transport
- T - Doubles and Triples
- S - School Bus
2. How can CDL practice tests help you pass the CDL exam?
Passing the New Jersey CDL exam requires you to have a solid knowledge before operating a motor vehicle on New Jersey public roadways. To ensure that you are properly prepared for the exam, we provide a variety of CDL practice tests both online and on our mobile app, which is accessible on both the App Store and Google Play. With user-friendly features, an appealing appearance, and high-quality material, our sets of practice test questions aim to provide you with the greatest experience possible. To be specific, the New Jersey CDL practice test will cover:
- New Jersey CDL General Knowledge practice test
- New Jersey CDL Air Brakes practice test
- New Jersey CDL Combination practice test
- New Jersey CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- New Jersey CDL Tanker practice test
- New Jersey CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- New Jersey CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- New Jersey CDL School Bus practice test
- New Jersey CDL Passenger practice test
Our question bank is divided into 51 states. You can freely choose your preferred sections and opt for as many practice tests as possible regardless of time and place. With our FREE New Jersey CDL practice test, you’re supposed to master the CDL test and successfully hold your CDL License. Try now!
3. What are the requirements to obtain a Commercial Driver's License in New Jersey?
Below are some requirements that applicants need to take into account before visiting the New Jersey DMV office and applying for the NJ CDL:
- Reach the age of 18 to drive a motor vehicle within New Jersey state
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle outside the state of New Jersey
- Already have a basic Class D driver’s license in New Jersey
- Meet the medical conditions of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Be a citizen of the U.S. and currently live in New Jersey state
- Have proof of citizenship and residence by giving a Social Security Card, a Birth Certificate, or a Green Card
- No disqualification, suspension, revocation, or cancellation of driving qualifications will be accepted in any state
- Successfully pass the CDL test (written knowledge test and road/skills test)
- All the content of the CDL New Jersey exam is taken from the New Jersey CDL Manual Book.
4. What is the cost for a New Jersey CDL License?
To obtain a New Jersey CDL, you need to pay some different types of fees including:
- CLP examination test receipt: $125 (the fee accounts for written exam, CLP, medical form review and must be paid before you take the knowledge exam)
- Commercial driver's license: $42
- Duplicate CDL: $11
- Endorsements: $2 each.