It's time to ace your New York CDL practice test!!
Be fully prepared with New York CDL full test now!!
New York CDL Practice Test 2023
1. Why do you need to take the New York CDL test?
In New York, It is a must for anyone who wants to operate a truck with the detailed description below:
- A single vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs
- A combined vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds capable of towing a unit with a GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds
- A passenger vehicle with a capacity of 16 or more passengers, including the driver
- Any vehicle transporting a specific agent or toxin specified in 42 CFR Part 73 requires hazardous material (Hazmat) placards.
2. What is included in the New York CDL test?
The New York CDL test consists of 2 parts: the general knowledge test and the skills test. Besides, before taking the CDL test, you are required to pass the Vision test with a score of at least 20/40. All the content of the CDL New York exam is taken from the New York CDL Manual Book.
- Knowledge test: This is the written knowledge test. There will be 50 multiple choice questions and you will have an hour to complete it. To pass the written test, your score must be at least 40/50, approximate 80%. You have three times try to pass this test, if not, you must reapply. Besides, to drive a typical truck, you must take the appropriate endorsement test (e.g. tanker, hazmat)
- Skills test: This test is designed to test your driving ability. You are required to perform your driving techniques and safety laws in 30 minutes.
3. What advantage can you take from the New York CDL practice test?
Firstly, you can explore and practice our thousand questions and tests freely. Yes, it’s totally FREE. Besides, we developed all the practice test formats and content that are closely the same as the actual test, to help you increase your skill as well as your score. Our practice system includes:
- New York CDL General Knowledge practice test
- New York CDL Air Brakes practice test
- New York CDL Combination practice test
- New York CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- New York CDL Tanker practice test
- New York CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- New York CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- New York CDL School Bus practice test
- New York CDL Passenger practice test
You can practice here on our website now, or download CDL Test Pro from the App Store or CH play, all free.
4. Do you need to pay for the New York CDL test?
We’ve listed the cost of a NY CDL license below:
- Commercial learner's permit : $10
- Additional tests taken after initial CLP appointment: $5
- CDL Road Test: $40 (each additional road test is $40)
- CDL Fee: $164.50 ($180.50 for Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District applicants)
5. What are the requirments of New York CDL driver’s license?
To own the New York CDL, you must be through several steps to prove your understanding and skills. These basic requirements for NY CDL include:
- At least 18 years old to drive within New York
- At least 21 years old to drive over the state and carry the dangerous type of materials such as hazardous, and also transport people.
- Own only one driver’s license without canceled or baned history.
- Meet the medical requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Provide the identity proof like Social Security Card, a Birth Certificate, or a Green Card
- Obtain the Commercial Learner's Permit