Rhode Island CDL Practice Test 2022
In Rhode Island, drivers who operate vehicles are required to possess commercial driver licenses to transport passengers or property effectively and keep the highway safe. To qualify for the Commercial Operator’s License, all applicants need to pass the knowledge and road tests. Thus, to hold a CDL, drivers should pay more attention and take time to learn more about these tests via “Commercial Driver License Manual”. Furthermore, you can head over to our Rhode Island CDL Practice Test 2022, where you can access a free practice question bank and numerous flashcards. Let’s get started!
1. What to expect on the RI CDL Knowledge Test:
First of all, you must take at least 40 out 50 correct answers to pass The General Knowledge Test. Subsequently, depending on what class of license (A, B, C) and what endorsements you need (H, P, S, N, X, T), you are required to take one or more knowledge tests following:
- The Passenger Transport Test
- The Combination Vehicles Test
These questions reflect important information found in the “Commercial Driver License Manual (AAMVA 2005 CDL Testing Model, Issued July 2014)”
*Take note: Tests for CDL and endorsements are only given at the DMV’s main office in Cranston from 8:30 a.m to 2:00 p.m, therefore, make sure you are punctual.
2. What to expect on the CDL Road Skills Test:
If you pass your knowledge test successfully, you can take the CDL skills tests consisting of 3 sub-parts: Vehicle Inspection, Basic Vehicle Control, and On-road driving.
- The Vehicle Inspection: checking vehicle components and explanation of what is being checked and why to the examiner.
- The Basic Vehicle Control test: straight line backing, offset right or left backing and alley dock backing.
- The road test: operating a vehicle in normal traffic situations.
*Take note: Road Test must be scheduled with the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI). Please call the CCRI at (401) 825-1146 to make your appointment. In addition, you must bring to the testing center a motor vehicle which is representative of the type of motor vehicle that you operate or expect to operate and must be properly registered, inspected and insured.
3. What are the needed documents to bring in the RI CDL?
You must bring some compulsory documents listed below:
- Proof of Status as a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Medical exam performed by "Certified" medical examiner
- Proof of age - at least 21 years old.
- A valid operator's license for at least two years, with no suspensions or revocations.
- A Social Security card and your Rhode Island driver's license.
4. What are the physical requirements for getting a Rhode Island CDL?
To obtain a RI Island CDL, all applicant must meet the physical requirements following:
- You have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Besides, vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
- You can distinguish colors.
- You can be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Your maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100 and blood sugar may not be higher than 200
- You have diabetes and can control it though diet or medication, apart from insulin injections
- You must provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with your physician's note which states that you are capable of driving a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions if you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease.
5. Who Is Required To Hold A Rhode Island CDL?
You will need a CDL if you are operating any of the following vehicles:
- Any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided that the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Any single vehicle with a GVWR over 26,0001, towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs GVWR.
- A passenger vehicle designed to transport 16 or more people, including the driver.
- Any size vehicle carries hazardous material (Hazmat) placards, or a select agent or toxin listed in 42 CFR Part 73.
6. How much does the Rhode Island CDL Cost?
To apply for a Rhode Island CDL, you might be charged for some fees below:
- Application $10.00
- Examinations $10.00 each
- Issuance of Permit $20.00
- Permit Renewal $20.00
- Road Test $100.00
7. Why should you take the Rhode Island CDL Practice Test?
If you only read the content of Rhode Island CDL Manual Book without practice, you won’t take a wonderful chance to access the format of the actual test. Thus, let’s give our practice test a try. Because we built a system of practice tests and flashcards simulated the actual test to facilitate your preparation. More specifically, with an aim to increase your knowledge and memorizing skills, we divided the content into topics:
- Rhode Island CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Rhode Island CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Rhode Island CDL Combination practice test
- Rhode Island CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Rhode Island CDL Tanker practice test
- Rhode Island CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Rhode Island CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Rhode Island CDL School Bus practice test
- Rhode Island CDL Passenger practice test
You can take our Rhode Island CDL Practice Test on our website or download it from the App Store or CH Play now for free! Let’s take it straightaway!