SOUTH CAROLINA CDL Practice Test
1. What should you know about the knowledge examination?
The knowledge test needs at least an 80% score to pass. Besides, you can take the endorsement test at the same time as the general knowledge test or at a later time. Unless you pass any portion of the knowledge examination, you must wait until the following day before retesting. You may test 3 times on the original application fees paid. Nevertheless, when you receive a permit or license, you must pay an additional fee for any additional test.
2. What is about the skills test?
The road tests are administered in DMV Offices. You should refer to DMV’s public website for the designated sites at www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/offloclist.aspx.
After you have passed all other parts of the examination, the road test will be given. There are three sections to a CDL skills test: the pre-trip inspection, the basic control skills, and the on-road test. Furthermore, you must bring your vehicles to the testing center because the state does not supply vehicles for the road test.
Unless you pass one of the tests, you cannot continue to the next skills test. Moreover, all commercial drivers’ license (CDL) applicants who fail any portion of the skills tests are to be charged a $25.00 fee for subsequent skills tests. You must wait one week to retest your CDL skills test if you fail on your first or second attempt. If you fail a CDL skills test on the third attempt after, you must wait sixty (60) days to be retested.
3. What to expect on the skills test?
3.1. Pre-trip Inspection
- Purpose: It is raised to see if you know whether the vehicle is safe to drive.
- Test Procedure: You will be asked to inspect your vehicle and explain to your examiner what you would examine and give the reasons.
- Time Limits: There is a maximum time limit of 45 minutes given for the Pre-Trip Inspection.
3.2. Basic Controls Skills Test
- Purpose: It is required to evaluate your basic skills in operating the vehicle and judging its position in relation to other objects.
- Test Procedure: The Basic Control Skills (BCS) examination is required after you have completed the pre-trip inspection test. You will take the maneuvers on an off road skills pad situated on or near the Department of Motor Vehicles and you don’t need to attempt these maneuvers in an in-traffic environment.
- Time Limits: You will spend about 15 minutes on the Basic Controls Skills Test.
3.3. Road Test
- Purpose: It is used to evaluate your ability to operate safely in most traffic situations.
- Test Procedure: Your test route following the instructions including left and right turns, intersections, railroad crossings, curves, up and downhill grades, interstate, city, and rural roads will be predetermined by the examiner.
- Time Limits: Depending upon the area and route design, the Road Test will take from 35 to 45 minutes
4. What do you need to take a CDL skills Test
There are some items you must possess to be eligible for joining a CDL skills test:
4.1. Commercial Learner’s Permit and Driver’s License
You must provide a valid South Carolina Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) within 14 days prior to taking the skills test. Furthermore, you also are required to provide a valid base SC Driver’s License or SC Commercial Driver’s License.
There are some requirements regarding the vehicle you use to take the test following:
- The vehicle used to take the road test must be representative of the class license for which you hope to be licensed
- The vehicle is required to be in safe operating condition.
- Vehicle must contain the compulsory items such as current vehicle registration card; manufacturer’s Plate affixed to the vehicle indicating the GVWR/GCWR must be legible and current Annual Federal Inspection Sticker, if required. A combination vehicle must have separate stickers for the truck and towed unit.
Keep in mind that your skills test will not take place if the vehicle is in safe condition and legally equipped. Thus, make sure that your vehicle must first be checked to ensure it complies with registration, vehicle inspection, and equipment laws.
5. How much does CDL License Application Fees cost?
Here are the fees you need to pay if you apply for CDL:
This fee is charged each time an application is made, apart from public school bus drivers.
CDL Knowledge Test
This fee is charged for every try whether you pass or fail.
Commercial Learner’s Permit
CLP is valid for only 180 days, only one renewal within a two year period.
Fee for a 5-year commercial driver’s license
6. Why should you choose the South Carolina CDL practice test?
One of the remarkable perks of taking the South Carolina CDL Practice Test is that you can at your own pace and achieve good results eventually. Thousands of practice questions in different sections based on the South Carolina CDL Permit Manual, we aim to provide you with the best experience while studying for the CDL test. Below are the divided sections for your CDL practice test:
- South Carolina CDL General Knowledge practice test
- South Carolina CDL Air Brakes practice test
- South Carolina CDL Combination practice test
- South Carolina CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- South Carolina CDL Tanker practice test
- South Carolina CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- South Carolina CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- South Carolina CDL School Bus practice test
- South Carolina CDL Passenger practice test
With the Internet connection, you can easily and freely choose any practice test and do whenever and wherever you want. Let’s practice with our South Carolina CDL Practice Test per day to make a huge difference on test day!