It's time to ace your Washington CDL practice test!!
Be fully prepared with Washington CDL full test now!!
WASHINGTON CDL Practice Test 2023
1. What is about the knowledge test?
What class of license and what endorsement you need will decide what kinds of knowledge tests you must take. Keep in mind that your knowledge test scores are valid for 180 days. The CDL knowledge tests consist of:
- The general knowledge test: The test is taken by all applicants.
- The passenger transport test (P): The test is right for all bus driver applicants.
- The air brakes test: If you drive a vehicle that has air brakes including air over hydraulic brakes, you should take this test.
- The combination vehicles test: The test is required if you want to drive combination vehicles.
- The hazardous materials test (H): The test is required for those who want to haul hazardous materials.
- The tank vehicle test (N): The test is required if you want to haul any liquid or gaseous materials in a tank or tanks which have an individual rated capacity of more than 119 gallons and an aggregate rated capacity of 1,000 gallons or more. Besides, the tank is either permanently or temporarily attached to the vehicle or chassis.
- The doubles/triples test (T): The test is required if you want to pull double or triple trailers.
- The School Bus test (S) If you want to drive a school bus, you are required to take the test.
- What to expect on the skill test?
After you pass the knowledge test(s), you will turn to the skills tests including 3 types of general skills that must be passed step-by-step: Vehicle inspection, basic vehicle control, and on-road driving. You must take these tests in the type of vehicle for which you wish to be licensed. Bear in mind that skills tests must be conducted in English only and interpreters are prohibited during the administration of the skill test.
There are some basic requirements you must meet to be eligible for the skills test
- A valid commercial learner's permit is required for each skills test.
- Your road test must be taken in the proper representative vehicle for the class and endorsements you wish to obtain.
- All skills tests must be scheduled at a minimum of three days in advance.
Each section of the skills test including pre-trip, basic control and road test) must be completed. Furthermore, you cannot be given the skills test if your vehicle isn’t in safe condition and legally equipped. Your vehicle must first be checked to make sure it meets the requirements regarding registration, vehicle inspection and equipment laws.
All the content of the CDL Washington exam is taken from the Washington CDL Manual Book.
2. What requirements do you need to fulfill?
Here are the minimum requirements for getting a CDL in Washington:
- You are 18 years or older
- You have a valid Washington driver license.
- You provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or on-domicile document.
- You self-certify the type of operation you will be conducting and provide medical documents.
- You pass the Knowledge test for the type of vehicle you will be licensed to operate.
- You get a Commercial License Permit (CLP).
- You submit your training certificate to [email protected] for approval.
- You schedule and pay for your skills test.
- You take and pass the skills test.
3. When do you have a CDL?
The Washington drivers who are going to operate the following types of vehicles must armed themselves with a CDL:
- The vehicles weigh 26,001 or more pounds Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR)
- The vehicles weigh over 26,000 Ibs, towing a unit over 10,000 pounds GVWR
- The vehicles are designed to carry 16 or more passengers (including the driver)
- The vehicles transport hazardous materials or carry a select agent or toxin listed in 42 CFR Part 73 requiring placards (regardless of vehicle size.)
4. What are the benefits of the CDL practice test?
If you aim to become a professional commercial vehicle driver in the U.S. and are preparing for the CDL Test by keeping your practicing progress on track. We offer you our Washington CDL Practice Test online storing a wide range of options for you to choose the sections you need to revise, you are bound to score high in the CDL exam of the Washington:
- Washington CDL General Knowledge practice test
- Washington CDL Air Brakes practice test
- Washington CDL Combination practice test
- Washington CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- Washington CDL Tanker practice test
- Washington CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- Washington CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- Washington CDL School Bus practice test
- Washington CDL Passenger practice test
You will be offered online WA CDL practice tests for FREE with the same number of questions in the real test. Then, you can do any exam simulator within a limited time in our Washington CDL Mock test. Try out the online WA CDL practice test now on both App store or Google play as well as our website.