West Virginia CDL Practice Test 2022
In West Virginia, drivers who operate vehicles are required to possess commercial driver licenses to transport passengers or property effectively and keep the highway safe. To qualify for the Commercial Operator’s License, all applicants need to pass the knowledge and road tests. Thus, to hold a CDL, drivers should pay more attention and take time to learn more about these tests via “WV Commercial Driver License Manual”. Furthermore, you can head over to our West Virginia CDL Practice Test 2022, where you can access a free practice question bank and numerous flashcards. Let’s get started!
1. What is included on the West Virginia CDL?
1.1. CDL Knowledge test
The knowledge test must be taken and passed, with at least an 80% score by all applicants. If you fail any subtests of the knowledge examination, you must take a period of 7-day waiting before you may retest. Furthermore, you may be allowed 3 times on the original fees paid.
1.2 CDL Road Skills Test
To be eligible to take the CDL Road Skills Test, applicants must hold a CDL Instruction Permit which is valid within 14 days. Keep in mind that the road skills test will not be given until you have passed all other parts of the examination and have in your possession a commercial driver's license instruction permit for the type of vehicle for which you are testing. The skills tests are administered by certified third party examiners trained.
Each section of the skills test including pre-trip, basic control and road test) must be completed. Furthermore, you cannot be given the skills test if your vehicle isn’t in safe condition and legally equipped. Your vehicle must first be checked to make sure it meets the requirements regarding registration, vehicle inspection and equipment laws.
2. How much does the WV cost?
- You will be charged a $25 fee for the CDL Knowledge Test and driver licensing fees
- You will be charged a $90 for the CDL Skills Test
- A $50.00 NO SHOW fee will be charged to an applicant who schedules a test and does not appear.
- You must pay a fee of $10 for each endorsements
- You must pay a fee of $5 for upgrading your license
3. What types of vehicles require a CDL?
If the drivers live in West Virginia and want to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicles designed and used to transport passengers or property on public roads. Here are the typical commercial motor vehicles:
- The vehicle has a gross combination vehicle weight rating (GCWR)of 26,001 pounds or more inclusive of towed unit(s) with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 10,000 pounds;
- The vehicle has a GVWR of more than 26,001 pounds or more;
- The vehicle is designed to transport sixteen or more passengers, including the driver; or
- The vehicle is of any size transporting hazardous materials as defined in §17E-1-3.
4. What are the required documents for getting a CDL?
4.1. One Acceptable Proof Of Identity Documents
+ An original or certified copy of a U.S. issued birth certificate: U.S. Department of State and U.S. Military birth certificates ARE acceptable, hospital birth certificates and Bureau of Census records are NOT acceptable
+ Valid and unexpired U.S. Passport or Passport Card
+ If foreign born, valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card or acceptable alternatives as outlined below:
- Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) issued by DHS (or INS)
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by DHS, Form N-550 or Form N-570
- Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561, issued by DHS
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) issued by the U.S. Department of State, Form FS-240, or DS-1350 or FS-545
4.2. One Proof of Social Security Number
- Social Security card: Must be in your current legal name
- Original Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)
- 1099 form: With applicant’s full Social Security number and legal name
4.3. Two acceptable proofs of WV Residency
You will need two documents to demonstrate your WV Residency. Here are some examples:
- WV utility bills
- Tax records with a WV street address
- WV mortgage documents, WV homeowner insurance documents for a WV residence, or proof of WV home ownership
- WV Homestead Tax Exemption
- WV Weapons Permit
- Valid WV vehicle registration card
- WV Voter’s Registration card
- Proof of WV public assistance
- Residential rental or lease agreement
- WV DMV Affidavit of WV Residency
- College admissions letter
5. Is the West Virginia CDL practice test online the best choice for you?
Online learning conducted in various platforms such as websites or mobile applications have been becoming more and more prevalent in the 4.0 era because of its convenience and flexibility in terms of time and place. That’s the reason why we provide you with online West Virginia CDL Practice Tests on both our website and mobile app with the topics of:
- West Virginia CDL General Knowledge practice test
- West Virginia CDL Air Brakes practice test
- West Virginia CDL Combination practice test
- West Virginia CDL Pre-trip Inspection practice test
and 5 endorsements:
- West Virginia CDL Tanker practice test
- West Virginia CDL Double And Triple-Trailer practice test
- West Virginia CDL HazMat practice test (Hazardous Materials)
- West Virginia CDL School Bus practice test
- West Virginia CDL Passenger practice test
You can totally FREELY practice with our multiple practice questions on the basis of the West Virginia CDL Manual anytime and anywhere only with the Internet connection. Let’s practice now and nail your CDL Test!